SAP® solutions are continually evolving (maintenance over time, urgent corrections, implementation projects) change management, change requests, incidents are an integral part of the life cycle of your SAP® tool.
Faced with these challenges, you want:
- Improved traceability and tracking of incidents and change requests
- Accelerated corrections of incidents
- Structured management of transport and associated changes in accordance with SAP® best practices
To answer this, SAP® Solution Manager provides two scenarios:
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Change Request Management (CHARM)
ITSM MEETS INCIDENT MANAGEMENT ISSUES, PROBLEMS, OR SERVICES REQUESTS MADE.
One of the goals of the ITSM solution is to restore as quickly as possible normal operation of IT services.
The benefits associated with implementing ITSM are:
- Optimized management of incidents, increased efficiency for the SAP® service center
- User satisfaction
- Reporting ease
The correction of incidents can induce a change. It will be processed through ChaRM, an SAP® Solution Manager tool that aims to:
- Rule on a formal request for modification of the solution (approval workflow)
- Minimize the risk of regression during the transition changes into production
The benefits associated with the implementation of the ChaRM scenario are:
- A better match of changes to the needs expressed by the business
- Reducing Time to Market
- Increased satisfaction of business
SETTING UP THESE SCENARIOS WILL ALLOW YOU TO OPTIMIZE THE COST OF YOUR PROCESS AND IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO DEVELOP YOUR SOLUTION WHILE REDUCING THE IMPACT ON EXISTING PROCESSES.
SAP® Solution Manager 7.1 is one of the most certified tool for worldwide compliance to ITIL (15 processes). An independent study by Research In Action, dating from 2014, analyzed the various support tools on the market, and established a ranking in which SAP® came in second.